Your business keeps you busy. You are balancing three projects at once for your employer. You’re on the road more frequently than you are at home, and your day planner is covered in ink. You would like smartphone apps that will make your life easier, not complicate it. Fortunately, there is a host of smartphone applications out there developed specifically to simplify life for the busiest of business professionals. Listed below are five of the top ones to explore.
Top 5 Business Apps
- WhosHere: This app enables you to find freelance contractors in your area swiftly. Say you need to finish a project due tomorrow in Chicago and you are flying today. You can search for freelancers with the app then send a free text or call to the people who respond to your search.
- Locale: It is embarrassing when your phone goes off in the middle of a movie, but what about during a board meeting? This never has to happen again if you use Locale. It allows you to choose specific phone settings based on location. So when you walk into your office or the library your phone automatically goes to vibrate.
- WaveSecure: One of the hazards of traveling regularly is the possibility of loosing your phone. This app will let you lock your phone and backup the data stored on it remotely, as well as track its location through the SIM card. Talk about peace of mind.
- Bump: Bump is a fantastic little app. It allows you to exchange contact information with fellow business professionals by simply tapping that person’s phone with yours.
- Scan2PDF Mobile: The Scan2PDF Mobile app lets you scan receipts, proposals, business reports, and other documents with your smartphone camera and convert them into color PDFs. You can then e-mail these scanned documents straight to your computer’s desktop.